Making sushi rice in the Instant Pot is So easy!!!
It takes no time at all and tastes just like it came from your favorite sushi restaurant.
Yay for easy, vegan sushi rice!
- INSTANT POT SUSHI RICE -
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar*
*(plus 1 tbsp. for sprinkling on after the rice has cooked)
1. Put all of the ingredients into the Instant Pot and stir.
2. Pop the lid on and make sure the nozzle is turned to 'sealing'.
3. Hit the manual button and use the up and down arrows to set the timer to 4 minutes (make sure it's on high pressure).
4. After the 4 minutes is up, wait 10 more minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure by turning the nozzle to venting (use a towel to do this so you don't burn yourself).
5. Spread the cooked sushi rice onto a plate in a thin layer.
6. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. of seasoned rice vinegar over the top (optional).
7. Let the sushi rice cool for about 20-30 minutes and you'll be all ready to roll! Enjoy!
Isn't the Instant Pot so awesome?! I'm totally loving mine!
Now go get your vegan sushi on!
P.S. Sushi rolling video coming sooooooon!