Making black beans & rice has never been so easy!
I love this recipe because it's quick, it's simple and it's HELLA tasty!
You're definitely gonna want to try this at home.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here!
- INSTANT POT BLACK BEANS & RICE -
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup black beans
- enough water to cover the rice and beans by about 3/4 of an inch
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Optional add ins: your favorite salsa or hot sauce
1. Put the rice and beans into the Instant Pot and cover with at least a half inch of water.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
3. Set your Instant Pot for 25 minutes on the manual setting (make sure the valve is turned to sealing and the pressure is on high).
4. Once the 25 minutes is up, wait until the timer counts up to 10 minutes and use a towel to turn the valve from sealing to venting. Be careful - that shit is hot!
5. Let the pressure release for another minute or so, open your Instant Pot, give the rice and beans a good stir, and boom - perfect rice and beans for all your burrito bowl needs. Enjoy!
NOTE: Cooking time may vary depending on your location, the age and size of your beans and rice, how they've been stored, etc. So keep that in mind! Play around with this recipe until it's just right for you!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
P.S. Want an Instant Pot?! Get one here!