OMG. These zoats are my new fave!
They're vegan, they're delicious, and they're packed FULL of nutrients.
They straight-up taste like brownie batter and I LOVE it!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here!
- CHOCOLATE ZOATS -
1/4 c. non-dairy milk
1 tbsp. chia seeds
2 dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 of a small zucchini, grated
1 small banana, mashed
1 c. water or non-dairy milk, add more as needed
1/3 c. oats
2 tbsp. cacao (or cocoa) powder (add more if you want it super chocolatey)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. maca powder (optional)
fresh or frozen fruit
nut or seed butter
cocoa or cacao nibs
your fave non-dairy milk
1. Whisk together 1/4 c. of non-dairy milk and the chia seeds and set aside to thicken up.
2. To a pot on medium-high heat, add 1 c. of water (or non-dairy milk), the chopped dates, and the grated zucchini. Bring to a low boil.
3. Once boiling, stir in the oats, turn the heat down to med-low, cover and cook until the oats are done - usually around 5 - 7 minutes. FYI: This will depend on the type of oats you're using.
4.Turn the heat down to low and add in the cacao powder, mashed banana, cinnamon, maca powder, and the chia seed mixture you set aside earlier. Mix well, adding in more water or non-dairy milk if needed.
5. Cook for another minute or so on low heat to let everything come together and get all nice and yummy.
6. Top with your desired toppings and enjoy!