WANNA KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE BEST VEGAN 'HOT DOGS' EVER?!
Hint: They may or may not be made out of carrots.
Yes. I said carrots.
They're super perfect for summer BBQs!
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel here! -
So get some of these babies marinating in the fridge ASAP.
And yes, I promise they're super yummy!
I was skeptical at first too.
But trust me on this one. They're SO damn good, and totally omnivore approved.
You can thank me later. :)
THE BEST VEGAN CARROT DOGS
VEGAN | GLUTEN FREE
For the dogs:
- 6-8 large carrots
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive or sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Bragg's liquid aminos (soy sauce and tamari work too!)
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. liquid smoke (hickory style is best!)
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Peel and cut the carrots to fit the size of buns you're using.
2. Boil the carrots for 10-20 minutes (depending on the size of your carrots), until soft, but not mushy.
3. Drain the carrots and immediately run cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
4. While the carrots are boiling, make the marinade by whisking all of the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
5. Once the carrots are cooled, put them into a ziplock bag and pour the marinade in.
6. Pop 'em in the fridge for AT LEAST 18 hours. The longer the better! I usually let mine marinade for 24-48 hours. Make sure to flip the bag every so often to evenly coat the carrots.
7. When you're ready to cook your dogs, either grill 'em or sautè 'em until they're heated through and a little bit crispy on the outside (or however you prefer 'em!). #norules
Heavenly, mother-effin carrot dogs!
Go make some ASAP!
Have a delicious summer!
P.S. If you try these let me know how you like 'em! And share this with all your peeps too!